Ukraine: banana imports down
Ukraine has been rapidly decreasing banana imports, reports Fruit-Inform. According to the official customs statistics, in November 2017 Ukraine's imports of bananas more than halved, amounting to 24,000 tons. For comparison, in the same month of 2016, they reached 54,000 tons.
Moreover, from September to November Ukraine imported 62,300 tons of bananas, which is 41% less than within the same period of 2016.
Experts link negative trend with a significant fall in imports from Ecuador, which is the top supplier of bananas to Ukraine. Over the period of September-November 2017, Ecuador’s shipments to Ukraine amounted to 27,000 tons of bananas (55% less as compared to the same period of 2016).
It should be noted that the second largest banana supplier to the Ukrainian market is Costa Rica with imports of 22,000 tons (16% more than last year).
Meanwhile, Colombia has lost its position to Costa Rica, importing just 10,000 tons of the produce (60% less than within the same period of season 2016/17).
- 11/21/2017 10:48 Ukraine: peach imports up thanks to higher exports from Greece
- 11/02/2017 13:25 Ukraine: melon and watermelon imports reach record high
- 11/01/2017 15:44 Ukraine: banana imports up by 25% in September
- 11/01/2017 14:40 Austria increases imports of apples for processing from Ukraine
- 10/05/2017 14:11 Citrus imports up in Ukraine
- 10/02/2017 14:36 Fruits & Vegetables of Ukraine-2017. Success in Unity, the 14th International Conference. Registration starts
- 09/29/2017 15:07 Ukraine: imports of Colombian bananas 32 times as high as a year before
- 07/24/2017 11:52 Ukraine: apple imports up in 2016/17