Golden Delicious stocks down in EU
According to the data published by WAPA, as of November 1, 2017, the EU Golden Delicious stocks amounted to 1,028,000 tons, 29% less than in the same period of the previous year. Consequently, at the beginning of November 2016 European growers held in stocks 1,457,000 tons of Golden Delicious apples, record high for this period over the last decade.
A decrease in volumes of this produce is considered to be the result of a significant production fall. According to WAPA preliminary estimates, total production of Golden Delicious in the EU amounted to 1,982,000 tons in 2017, 18% lower year-over-year. Nevertheless, as of November 01, 2017, this variety was the top one in the EU stocks with the share of about 25% of total storage volumes of apples reported by European farmers.
- 01/23/2018 17:00 Ukraine: banana prices down
- 01/22/2018 14:32 Mexican exporters mull Russian potential
- 01/22/2018 11:29 Poland: Idared prices at least twice as high as last year
- 01/22/2018 10:31 Russia Slaps New Ban on Bosnian Apples
- 01/19/2018 17:25 Ukraine: banana prices reach record high
- 01/16/2018 11:21 Ukraine: apple production expected to reach record high in 2018
- 01/16/2018 10:45 Ukraine: banana prices continue to grow
- 01/10/2018 13:05 Drastic drop in Abkhazian mandarin exports to Russia
- 12/29/2017 14:58 Poland: fruit production down by a third
- 12/22/2017 17:49 Banana prices up in Ukraine