Golden Delicious stocks down in EU
According to the data published by WAPA, as of November 1, 2017, the EU Golden Delicious stocks amounted to 1,028,000 tons, 29% less than in the same period of the previous year. Consequently, at the beginning of November 2016 European growers held in stocks 1,457,000 tons of Golden Delicious apples, record high for this period over the last decade.
A decrease in volumes of this produce is considered to be the result of a significant production fall. According to WAPA preliminary estimates, total production of Golden Delicious in the EU amounted to 1,982,000 tons in 2017, 18% lower year-over-year. Nevertheless, as of November 01, 2017, this variety was the top one in the EU stocks with the share of about 25% of total storage volumes of apples reported by European farmers.
- 02/28/2018 11:33 Bosnia and Herzegovina's attempts to meet with Russian agency to discuss ban have failed
- 02/26/2018 16:27 Ukraine: walnut exports worth $101 mln
- 02/26/2018 10:11 Georgia to assist Uzbekistan in boosting winemaking potential
- 02/26/2018 09:25 Georgia and Turkey boosting trade by widening FTA
- 02/23/2018 17:27 Azerbaijan boosts fresh persimmon exports
- 02/23/2018 09:42 Ukraine: revenues from fresh fruit exports increased by 37% in 2017
- 02/21/2018 14:30 Russia still a key importer of Moldovan apples
- 02/21/2018 13:10 Russia: banana prices surge
- 02/20/2018 15:40 Bosnia and Herzegovina still fails to get Russia's ban lifted
- 02/20/2018 14:13 Azerbaijan boosts fruit and vegetable exports