Poland: onion harvest falls short of expectations
According to the Central Statistical Office of Poland (GUS), in 2017 Polish farmers harvested 651,000 tons of onions, while at the beginning of this summer GUS had expected onion production to reach 655,000 tons. For comparison, Polish onion production totaled 667,000 tons in 2016.
A decrease in production volumes was caused by unfavorable weather conditions, which also resulted in larger amount of nonstandard onions in the market. Polish onion stocks are also expected to go down during the current season, while the percentage of the produce, unsuitable for long-term storage, will rise.
- 04/12/2018 16:53 Cucumber prices sharply down in Ukraine
- 03/23/2018 13:41 Ukraine: cucumber prices up again
- 03/23/2018 13:22 Ukrainian domestic greenhouse tomato season starts
- 03/21/2018 13:06 Kazakhstan more than quintuples onion exports
- 03/21/2018 13:00 Cucumber prices up in Poland
- 02/26/2018 09:25 Georgia and Turkey boosting trade by widening FTA
- 02/21/2018 12:22 Ukrainian onions conquer Romanian market
- 02/20/2018 14:13 Azerbaijan boosts fruit and vegetable exports
- 02/19/2018 17:05 Cucumber prices tumbling rapidly in Poland
- 02/16/2018 17:18 Ukraine: cucumber prices mark a significant decline