Poland: onion harvest falls short of expectations
According to the Central Statistical Office of Poland (GUS), in 2017 Polish farmers harvested 651,000 tons of onions, while at the beginning of this summer GUS had expected onion production to reach 655,000 tons. For comparison, Polish onion production totaled 667,000 tons in 2016.
A decrease in production volumes was caused by unfavorable weather conditions, which also resulted in larger amount of nonstandard onions in the market. Polish onion stocks are also expected to go down during the current season, while the percentage of the produce, unsuitable for long-term storage, will rise.
- 01/19/2018 17:56 Ukraine: tomato prices down
- 01/18/2018 10:09 Russia goes on developing domestic production of greenhouse vegetables
- 01/17/2018 15:58 'Smart Greenhouse' project developed by Azerbaijani students
- 01/12/2018 17:29 Poland: Chinese cabbage prices up
- 01/11/2018 16:07 Russia: cucumber prices down against 2017
- 01/10/2018 17:04 Poland: carrot prices almost double since beginning of 2018
- 12/28/2017 15:02 Ukraine: cucumber prices fall below last year’s levels
- 12/26/2017 17:54 Polish vegetable production up in 2017
- 12/26/2017 16:32 Belarus more than doubles imports of cucumbers from Ukraine
- 12/21/2017 10:03 Ukraine: tomato prices continue to grow