Ukraine: cucumber prices fall below last year’s levels
Despite closer New Year and Christmas holidays, Ukrainian cucumber sellers are forced to reduce their prices, according to Fruit-Inform. As a result, they have already fallen below last year’s levels.
Cucumber prices now vary between UAH 40-42/kg (EUR 1.20-1.26/kg), against no lower than UAH 48/kg (EUR 1.44/kg) just a week before. Meanwhile, gherkin price are relatively stable and stand at UAH 58-60/kg (EUR 1.74-1.80/kg).
Ukrainian market operators link such a price trend with the fact that large wholesale companies and retail chains more often prefer to purchase cucumbers in small volumes due to low retail sales rates. As a result, sellers’ stocks of unsold produce are rather high, and its quality has been worsening.
It is worth mentioning that current cucumber prices are lower year-over-year in Ukraine. We would remind you that they stood at least at UAH 52/kg at the end of December 2016. Moreover, Ukrainian market analysts leave open the possibility of prices to continue to go down in the nearest time.
- 04/12/2018 16:53 Cucumber prices sharply down in Ukraine
- 03/23/2018 13:41 Ukraine: cucumber prices up again
- 03/23/2018 13:22 Ukrainian domestic greenhouse tomato season starts
- 03/21/2018 13:00 Cucumber prices up in Poland
- 02/08/2018 15:53 Red beet prices set new record in Ukraine
- 02/07/2018 17:14 Ukraine: white cabbage prices down due to abundant supply
- 12/26/2017 17:54 Polish vegetable production up in 2017
- 12/21/2017 10:03 Ukraine: tomato prices continue to grow
- 12/20/2017 17:27 Ukraine: cucumber prices reach record high
- 12/18/2017 15:00 Ukraine: carrot prices twice as high as last year