Poland: fruit production down by a third
GUS reports of total fruit production amounting to 2.7 mln tons with apples and pears accounting for 2.5 mln and 60,000 tons respectively, showing a joint decrease of 30%.
Stonefruit production went down by 50% against the previous year, especially in the segments of sour cherries and plums. As a result, Polish sour and sweet cherry production amounted to 70,000 and 20,000 tons, respectively, a fall of 60% against last year. Polish plum production totaled 60,000 tons, showing 45% decrease.
Such a rapid decrease in production was caused mainly by huge temperature swings in spring as well as spring frosts during blossoming of fruit trees.
- 08/28/2017 10:40 Production of Florina apples up in Ukraine
- 01/22/2018 11:29 Poland: Idared prices at least twice as high as last year
- 01/22/2018 10:31 Russia Slaps New Ban on Bosnian Apples
- 01/19/2018 17:25 Ukraine: banana prices reach record high
- 01/16/2018 11:21 Ukraine: apple production expected to reach record high in 2018
- 01/16/2018 10:45 Ukraine: banana prices continue to grow
- 01/10/2018 13:05 Drastic drop in Abkhazian mandarin exports to Russia
- 01/03/2018 09:57 Poland: GUS confirms berry production forward estimates
- 12/29/2017 13:39 Poland: potato supply likely to be limited despite higher production
- 12/26/2017 12:04 Golden Delicious stocks down in EU