Ukraine boosts frozen raspberry exports to EU
Ukraine has been rapidly expanding its presence in the EU market for frozen raspberries. In June-November 2017, Ukraine’s exports turned out to be 52 times as high as in the same period of 2013, reports Fruit-Inform referring to the official data of the Ukrainian customs statistics.
In the first 6 months of the current season the EU members imported nearly 8,000 tons of Ukrainian frozen raspberries. For comparison, during the same period of the season 2013/14 the shipments from Ukraine to the EU did not exceed 155 tons. On a year-over-year basis, exports of frozen raspberries from Ukraine to the EU showed a rise of 43%.
It is worth mentioning that the EU is the main importer of this product with the share of 99% in Ukraine’s total exports. Poland should be noted as the main importing country accounting for 60% of total export shipments of frozen raspberries from Ukraine.
- 02/23/2018 09:42 Ukraine: revenues from fresh fruit exports increased by 37% in 2017
- 02/13/2018 09:37 Ukraine: fruit and berry production reaches 2 mln tons
- 02/01/2018 13:34 Poland boosts frozen raspberry imports from Ukraine
- 02/01/2018 09:23 Ukraine: official production estimates published
- 01/22/2018 14:32 Mexican exporters mull Russian potential
- 01/03/2018 10:58 Russia to start importing strawberries from Gaza
- 01/03/2018 09:57 Poland: GUS confirms berry production forward estimates
- 11/15/2017 10:20 Ukrainian blueberry exports up 20 times over past 4 years
- 10/02/2017 14:36 Fruits & Vegetables of Ukraine-2017. Success in Unity, the 14th International Conference. Registration starts