Banana prices are increasing
According to information provided by the specialists of "Agrooglyad: Vegetables and Fruits" journal, since the beginning of this week banana prices started to rapidly grow. On Monday the wholesale companies mentioned the sales prices up to $14-14.7/box. This price is significantly higher than the price level recorded in the end of past week when the range was within $11.9-13.1/kg depending from quality and volume of the commodity.
The specialists explained the price increase by two major factors. First of all, according to the earlier forecasts, the demand for bananas has significantly increased as a result of short supply of fresh fruits on market. The second reason for price growth is a good quality of the supplied bananas. The market players pointed out that the quality of newly supplied banana shipments is much better comparing to bananas imported to Ukraine earlier.
The market players forecast that the price for bananas will continue increasing.
- 08/10/2017 11:58 Rapid growth in watermelon prices in Ukraine
- 08/10/2017 11:45 Ukrainian growers start their table grape season
- 08/09/2017 10:21 Ukrainian processors start procuring apples
- 08/02/2017 15:33 Poland: prices of apples for processing more than double year-on-year
- 07/31/2017 17:13 Watermelon prices down in Ukraine year-on-year
- 07/24/2017 11:52 Ukraine: apple imports up in 2016/17
- 07/21/2017 15:28 Ukraine: prices of early apples significantly higher year-on-year
- 07/21/2017 12:03 Watermelon prices halve in Russia
- 07/20/2017 16:18 Poland: price of sour cherries for freezing almost quadruple year-on-year
- 07/19/2017 16:23 Crimea: apricot prices half as high as a year before