Banana prices are increasing
According to information provided by the specialists of "Agrooglyad: Vegetables and Fruits" journal, since the beginning of this week banana prices started to rapidly grow. On Monday the wholesale companies mentioned the sales prices up to $14-14.7/box. This price is significantly higher than the price level recorded in the end of past week when the range was within $11.9-13.1/kg depending from quality and volume of the commodity.
The specialists explained the price increase by two major factors. First of all, according to the earlier forecasts, the demand for bananas has significantly increased as a result of short supply of fresh fruits on market. The second reason for price growth is a good quality of the supplied bananas. The market players pointed out that the quality of newly supplied banana shipments is much better comparing to bananas imported to Ukraine earlier.
The market players forecast that the price for bananas will continue increasing.
- 03/21/2017 09:01 Azerbaijan more than doubles vegetable exports in January
- 03/20/2017 12:10 Ukraine: lemon prices significantly down year-on-year
- 03/06/2017 11:49 Banana prices up in Ukraine
- 03/01/2017 11:24 Polish apple stocks significantly down year-on-year
- 03/01/2017 11:09 Ukraine: banana prices up in Odessa and Kiev
- 02/27/2017 12:53 Ukraine: apple prices still lower year-on-year despite positive trend
- 02/27/2017 12:05 Banana prices up in Ukraine
- 02/24/2017 14:02 Ukrainian apple exports reach 6-year high in January
- 02/22/2017 09:04 Orange prices up in Russia
- 02/16/2017 16:02 Banana prices up at some Ukrainian wholesale markets