Banana prices are increasing
According to information provided by the specialists of "Agrooglyad: Vegetables and Fruits" journal, since the beginning of this week banana prices started to rapidly grow. On Monday the wholesale companies mentioned the sales prices up to $14-14.7/box. This price is significantly higher than the price level recorded in the end of past week when the range was within $11.9-13.1/kg depending from quality and volume of the commodity.
The specialists explained the price increase by two major factors. First of all, according to the earlier forecasts, the demand for bananas has significantly increased as a result of short supply of fresh fruits on market. The second reason for price growth is a good quality of the supplied bananas. The market players pointed out that the quality of newly supplied banana shipments is much better comparing to bananas imported to Ukraine earlier.
The market players forecast that the price for bananas will continue increasing.
- 05/29/2017 14:36 Crimean cherry campaign starts
- 05/26/2017 13:10 Ukrainian growers start their cherry campaign
- 05/25/2017 13:41 Ukraine more than triples apple imports in April
- 05/24/2017 10:48 Banana prices up in Ukraine
- 05/23/2017 14:55 Apple prices up in Ukraine due to positive trend in Poland
- 04/11/2017 13:00 Fresh Business Expo 2017 – the only exhibition for fruit and vegetable business professionals in Ukraine – Kiev, December 5-7
- 04/10/2017 10:47 Ukraine: banana prices up year-on-year
- 04/06/2017 11:24 Ukrainian apple exports reach 6-year high in February 2017