World production of fruits and vegetables reached 1.4 billion tons
Approximately 900 mln. tons of vegetables and 500 mln. tons of fruits were produced in the world in 2005, FruitLogistica informs.
The vegetable production is persistently increasing; the same trade is observed for fruit production excluding the year 2005 when the hurricanes and frosts caused the harvest decline. Fruit production grew again in 2006. About 10% of fruits grown in the world are the external trade items; this figure is quite smaller for vegetables, around 3-4%. The trade of fresh vegetables is practically absent between the continents but for several rare exemptions.
The European Union, Northern America and Japan are the world largest regions - fruit and vegetable importers.
- 05/19/2015 14:10 Kiev to gather record high number of berry business professionals!
- 05/18/2015 13:01 Turkish citrus company declares bankruptcy due to declining exports to Russia
- 05/15/2015 12:26 Ukrainian growers expect problems with cherry sales this year
- 05/15/2015 10:38 Ukraine: average annual price of apples to be the highest over past 5 years
- 05/14/2015 14:20 Ukrainian berry business to meet in Kiev in a week!