World production of fruits and vegetables reached 1.4 billion tons
Approximately 900 mln. tons of vegetables and 500 mln. tons of fruits were produced in the world in 2005, FruitLogistica informs.
The vegetable production is persistently increasing; the same trade is observed for fruit production excluding the year 2005 when the hurricanes and frosts caused the harvest decline. Fruit production grew again in 2006. About 10% of fruits grown in the world are the external trade items; this figure is quite smaller for vegetables, around 3-4%. The trade of fresh vegetables is practically absent between the continents but for several rare exemptions.
The European Union, Northern America and Japan are the world largest regions - fruit and vegetable importers.
- 09/23/2014 16:08 Moldova's apple exports to Belarus in August twenty four times as high as a year before
- 09/23/2014 12:44 Fruits & Vegetables of Ukraine-2014 Conference. Registration starts!
- 09/22/2014 16:46 Turkey starts the citrus export season
- 09/22/2014 11:08 Further decrease in Ukrainian fresh produce price index
- 09/12/2014 10:52 Fruit & Vegetable Business of Russia-2014. Final program and new participants