World production of fruits and vegetables reached 1.4 billion tons
Approximately 900 mln. tons of vegetables and 500 mln. tons of fruits were produced in the world in 2005, FruitLogistica informs.
The vegetable production is persistently increasing; the same trade is observed for fruit production excluding the year 2005 when the hurricanes and frosts caused the harvest decline. Fruit production grew again in 2006. About 10% of fruits grown in the world are the external trade items; this figure is quite smaller for vegetables, around 3-4%. The trade of fresh vegetables is practically absent between the continents but for several rare exemptions.
The European Union, Northern America and Japan are the world largest regions - fruit and vegetable importers.
- 05/24/2017 10:48 Banana prices up in Ukraine
- 05/23/2017 14:55 Apple prices up in Ukraine due to positive trend in Poland
- 04/11/2017 13:00 Fresh Business Expo 2017 – the only exhibition for fruit and vegetable business professionals in Ukraine – Kiev, December 5-7
- 04/10/2017 10:47 Ukraine: banana prices up year-on-year
- 04/06/2017 11:24 Ukrainian apple exports reach 6-year high in February 2017
- 04/05/2017 13:49 Ukraine doubles banana imports
- 04/04/2017 09:41 Polish apple exports to Kazakhstan up by almost 50%
- 03/21/2017 09:01 Azerbaijan more than doubles vegetable exports in January