Poland: GUS confirms berry production forward estimates
According to GUS’ final data, in 2017 total berry production in Poland amounted to 500,000 tons, as it had been expected previously. Therefore, Polish production of berries went down by 15% against last year.
A fall in production is mainly linked with unfavorable weather conditions in spring. Moreover, experts note that it was raspberry and currant production that decreased by 20%, as compared to last year estimates. Thus in 2017 Polish growers harvested more than 100,000 tons of raspberries and 130,000 tons of currants.
At the same time, Polish strawberry production went down by 10% amounting to 178,000 tons.
- 01/22/2018 14:32 Mexican exporters mull Russian potential
- 01/10/2018 13:03 Ukraine boosts frozen raspberry exports to EU
- 01/03/2018 10:58 Russia to start importing strawberries from Gaza
- 12/29/2017 14:58 Poland: fruit production down by a third
- 12/29/2017 13:39 Poland: potato supply likely to be limited despite higher production
- 11/15/2017 10:20 Ukrainian blueberry exports up 20 times over past 4 years
- 10/02/2017 14:36 Fruits & Vegetables of Ukraine-2017. Success in Unity, the 14th International Conference. Registration starts
- 09/27/2017 14:58 Ukrainian blueberry exports up by 50% in August