The 10th International Conference
Informacje o konferencji w języku polskim są dostępne tutaj
The 10th addition of the leading soft fruit event “Berries of Ukraine-2019: fresh and frozen” will be held in Kyiv and will be combined with the trade forum, where European buyers will meet the best Ukrainian suppliers.
The conference remains the leading industry event gathering up to 400 professionals from up to 20 counties and in 2019, besides all leading Ukrainian growers, it will welcome large delegations from Poland and other EU countries, as well as Moldova, Georgia, Uzbekistan and Tajikistan.
Ukraine is very rapidly becoming one of the leaders in exports of fresh and frozen berries, having exported 53,000 tonnes in 2018. Unique climate, perfect quality land, plentiful pure water and location on the border with the EU combined with educated and inexpensive labor force market makes Ukraine one of the most competitive berry countries in the world.
It is not at all surprising that Ukraine is currently one of the global leaders in terms of blueberry area expansion and the third largest exporter of fresh and frozen raspberries in Europe. By 2020 Ukraine will be exporting 10,000 tonnes of fresh blueberries, and in 2019 exports could reach 5,000 tonnes up from nearly nothing five years ago.
The majority of Ukrainian berry exporters are GLOBALG.A.P. certified and many farmers are certified as Organic by the EU authorities.
The conference will be two-days long and will combine market and technology presentations, with trade negotiations and visits to the leading farms.
The conference focuses on blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, red- and blackcurrants, specialty berry crops, such as gooseberries, haskap berries, etc.
Why to attend?
- Deep and informative session program: up-to-date market information about real Ukrainian berry and cherry market situation and outlook, which can’t be found in the official statistics;
- Unique conference audience: altogether about 400 delegates, with largest growers of berries and cherries accounting for 50-55% of them and processors (manufacturers of jams, jellies, juices, IQF berries etc.) – for another 10-15%;
- Wide conference region: in addition to Ukrainian berry producers, the conference will involve more than 40 experienced growers and newcomers from Georgia, Moldova, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan;
- Excellent promotional and advertising opportunities for representatives of each stage of the berry supply chain.
This year’s special all-inclusive program for buyers of berries co-organized by Fruitnet Media:
- 5-day program of business-visit to Ukraine;
- All-inclusive: hospitality, program, transfers and accommodation;
- Farm visits to leading growers of organic and conventional berries in several regions of Ukraine;
- Trade forum with leading suppliers of berries from Ukraine.
The conference is organized by Fruit-Inform in cooperation with Fruitnet Media, FAO, Ukrainian Horticultural Association and East-Fruit.
Detailed information about the event is available on www.fruit-inform.com.
To learn more about the event, please contact Fruit-Inform:
+390 562 320795
+380 96 5836323 – Mr. Ievgen Kuzin, [email protected]