The 13th International Conference
Fruit-Inform announces the start of registration for the 13th International Conference “Fruits & Vegetables of Ukraine-2016. Profitable decisions”, which, by tradition, will be organized in conjunction with Fresh Business Expo 2016, the only Ukrainian exhibition for fruit and vegetable business professionals.
Conference sessions will be held on November 29-30 in a format of subject forums, and December 1 will be devoted to the 6th annual trade forum, which enables domestic and foreign suppliers of fresh fruits and vegetables to conduct direct negotiations with more than 25 supermarket chains from Ukraine and leading exporters and importers from the country.
The past season was characterized by some small steps of certain Ukrainian companies towards entrance to new sales markets, which, indeed, turned out to be giant ones for the whole fruit and vegetable industry of Ukraine. For the first time ever, Ukraine has shipped onions and blueberries to the UK, potatoes to the UAE and apples to Indonesia. Moreover, Ukrainian strawberry exports reached record high despite Russia’s ban on imports and blockade of Crimea. In addition, exports of greenhouse tomatoes in the first half of 2016 tripled year-on-year. This year the Ukrainian market participants do not plan to remain complacent and have already reported of good demand for Ukrainian apples in Kazakhstan and high opportunities of expanding the presence in the Belarusian onion market.
The market players’ high interest in value-added products should also be noted. Producers say of rather high prospects in the market for NFC juices, and the subject of dried vegetables and launch of such a project under the auspices of Nestle in Ukraine will be the focus of a special conference forum.
The conference program will contain of the following subject forums with leading sector experts as speakers:
- Market forum:
- Ukrainian fruit and vegetable production and price forecast for the current season made by Fruit-Inform and preliminary expectations from the season 2017/18;
- the Ukrainian fruit and vegetable market and profitable decisions for Ukrainian products to enter the EU market;
- promising external markets for Ukrainian fruits and vegetables: Middle East, Southeast Asia, North Africa.
- Investment forum “Dried vegetables for export with Nestle»:
- presentation of Gospodar+ project and similar projects’ results in other countries;
- funding of innovative agricultural projects in Ukraine;
- modern domestic and foreign equipment for manufacture of dried vegetables.
- Standardization, certification and organic produce forum.
- Fruit and vegetable handling, storage and packaging forum.
- Marketing forum:
- consumer trends in the Ukrainian fruit and vegetable market;
- profitable decisions in direct cooperation between a grower and a supermarket chain.
- Trade forum on December 1:
- direct negotiations between suppliers (growers, wholesale companies, exporters) and buyers of fresh fruits and vegetables (supermarket chains, importers, exporters).
Key conference audience: representatives of 15-20 countries throughout the world, about 300 professionals with more than a half of them represented by growers, and about 25% - by traders, and about another 25% - by processors, suppliers of input and equipment as well as other companies involved into fruit and vegetable business.
Key organizational moments:
- the conference is organized in conjunction with a retail center and the only Ukrainian exhibition for fruit and vegetable business professionals;
- the three events will be held in one of the most comfortable exhibition centers of Kiev and in a period most convenient for the majority of fruit and vegetable companies;
- the conference will present a preliminary Ukrainian fruit and vegetable production forecast for the season 2017/18;
- the conference involves leading sector experts and foreign and domestic fruit and vegetable business professionals as conference speakers;
- maximum discounts for a registration fee will be in effect until October 15;
- applications for participation will be accepted until November 21.
General media partner
On any questions concerning the conference, please contact the organizing committee:
+380 562 320795
cell: +380 96 5836323 – Mr. Ievgen Kuzin