Ukrainian watermelon exports to be record high
Ukraine expands its watermelon exports geography. A week ago watermelons were exported only to Poland. This week Poland was joined by the Baltic states and Belarus. Fruit-Inform analysts expect Ukrainian watermelon exports to be record high in the current season.
“We expect the highest over the past 5 years watermelon production in Ukraine thanks to larger areas under this crop in the country in 2013”, says Ms Tetiana Getman, Head of Fruit-Inform. “It is logical that exports may also be record high. However, expectations will come true only under conditions of high quality of produce, otherwise farmers will have to sell their watermelons in the internal market, which will provoke a significant decrease in prices”.
For the present, watermelon prices keep on decreasing in Ukraine. Current prices vary between UAH 0.80-1.50/kg (EUR 0.08-0.14/kg), a decrease of 17-20% from the previous week and the mid-July 2012. A decrease in prices is connected with a seasonal growth in supply. At the same time, the demand for watermelons in rather high now both internally and externally.
- 06/13/2019 14:44 Apple Business of Ukraine-2019. Registration starts!
- 03/28/2019 15:05 Serbian exporters of apple refuse Russia in favor of EU and Middle East
- 03/20/2019 16:28 Ukraine: apple imports fall considerably in 2018/19
- 03/19/2019 15:57 Ukraine sharply increases exports of berries and apples to France
- 03/15/2019 09:10 Shortage of high-quality apples in Russian market
- 03/13/2019 15:36 Ukrainian apple exports again reach record high
- 03/12/2019 14:46 Georgian apple export breakthrough, exports to Russia up 100 times!