Ukraine: prices of first volumes of apricots a third lower year-over-year
Ukrainian growers have recently started their apricot season. However, prices of first volumes of domestic apricots have already fallen below last year’s levels, according to Fruit-Inform.
Now growers are ready to sell their apricots at UAH 10-15/kg (EUR 0.33-0.49/kg), depending on variety, quality and producing region. This year the Ukrainian apricot season started averagely a week earlier than in 2017 thanks to more favorable weather conditions.
Meanwhile, harvest volumes been rapidly growing now due to high temperature; therefore, the supply is currently prevailing over the demand. In addition, prices are under the pressure of rather large supply of fruits grown by unprofessional farms.
Thus, prices are too low for farmers, and they can leave a part of their apricot crop on trees in view of rather high labor costs.
- 06/25/2018 15:40 VITAGRO Group of Companies to welcome delegates of the leading Ukrainian apple business event
- 06/22/2018 10:03 Moldovan cherry exports expected to exceed 10,000 tons in 2018
- 06/21/2018 10:46 Uzbekistan down in global ranking of fresh apricot exporters
- 06/21/2018 10:23 Ukrainian peach season starts with growers’ pessimistic expectations
- 06/21/2018 10:17 Moldova enters group of top ten global exporters of apples in 2017
- 06/19/2018 11:13 Moldova: apple exports to go down, sales for processing expected to grow
- 06/18/2018 16:30 Logistics as one of reasons for unprofitability of apple production for export in Uzbekistan