Belarus more than doubles imports of cucumbers from Ukraine
In January-November 2017, Ukraine’s cucumber exports to Belarus showed 130% growth, reports Fruit-Inform referring to the official data of the customs statistics.
As a result, in the first 11 months of the current year Ukraine exported 1,800 tons of cucumbers to Belarus, whereas in the same period of 2016 they totaled just 800 tons.
Nevertheless, despite a significant rise in exports to Belarus, the EU is still the top export market for Ukrainian cucumbers with imports totaling 2,200 tons in January-November 2017, an increase of 4% year-over-year, with Poland as the largest importer (1,500 tons).
Overall, total exports of Ukrainian cucumbers from January to November 2017 reached approximately 4,000 tons. Thus, as compared to the previous season, Ukraine managed to raise its exports by 38% year-over-year.
- 12/20/2017 16:04 Poland: tomato imports up by a third in value terms
- 12/19/2017 16:16 Polish tomato exports down
- 11/15/2017 10:10 Ukraine: garlic exports in first 3 months of current MY almost reach total volumes of whole season 2016/17
- 10/03/2017 11:37 Ukraine's tomato exports up in August, cumulative volumes down
- 10/02/2017 14:36 Fruits & Vegetables of Ukraine-2017. Success in Unity, the 14th International Conference. Registration starts
- 09/25/2017 14:23 Ukrainian tomato exports up in August
- 08/02/2017 15:38 Ukraine: tomato exports down by 60% in June
- 01/22/2018 10:31 Russia Slaps New Ban on Bosnian Apples