Belarus more than doubles imports of cucumbers from Ukraine
In January-November 2017, Ukraine’s cucumber exports to Belarus showed 130% growth, reports Fruit-Inform referring to the official data of the customs statistics.
As a result, in the first 11 months of the current year Ukraine exported 1,800 tons of cucumbers to Belarus, whereas in the same period of 2016 they totaled just 800 tons.
Nevertheless, despite a significant rise in exports to Belarus, the EU is still the top export market for Ukrainian cucumbers with imports totaling 2,200 tons in January-November 2017, an increase of 4% year-over-year, with Poland as the largest importer (1,500 tons).
Overall, total exports of Ukrainian cucumbers from January to November 2017 reached approximately 4,000 tons. Thus, as compared to the previous season, Ukraine managed to raise its exports by 38% year-over-year.
- 03/21/2018 13:06 Kazakhstan more than quintuples onion exports
- 02/26/2018 09:25 Georgia and Turkey boosting trade by widening FTA
- 02/21/2018 12:22 Ukrainian onions conquer Romanian market
- 02/20/2018 14:13 Azerbaijan boosts fruit and vegetable exports
- 02/16/2018 17:18 Ukraine: cucumber prices mark a significant decline
- 02/15/2018 16:32 Polish growers offer new cucumber crop at lower prices
- 02/15/2018 14:01 Ukraine: carrot and red beet prices up
- 02/15/2018 10:23 Uzbekistan aims to triple the supply of fresh produce to Russia
- 02/13/2018 17:06 Ukraine: onion exports down by a third
- 02/12/2018 11:00 Ukraine: growing supply of domestic cucumbers affects prices of Turkish produce