The 7th International Conference
«Apple Business of Ukraine-2017»
August 17-18, Kiev, Ukraine
Fruit-Inform invites all agricultural business participants to the 7th International Conference “Apple Business of Ukraine-2017”.
The conference will be organized on August 17-18, Kiev, Ukraine, in advance of the start of the apple season 2017/18, which is expected to be one of the most difficult for Ukrainian growers. Bad weather conditions in spring this year and lack of real opportunities to fully substitute the Russian market with respect to export shipments will the two key factors to impact the situation in the Ukrainian apple business.
Meanwhile, weather conditions in other European countries were not ideal as well, thus, a general positive pricing trend can be expected in the European market; while attempts to enter new export markets (Scandinavia, EU, Middle East, Southeast Asia, Central Asia) made by Ukrainian growers in the past two years can fully reshape the map of Ukrainian apple exports in this season.
By tradition, all conference delegates will be able to discuss relevant issues and expectations from a new season during the first day of the event and take part in a practical business tour to Ukrainskiy Sad, one of the leading apple companies of Ukraine, on the second conference day.
The conference will focus on the following subjects:
- Fruit-Inform Ukrainian apple production, price, export and import forecast for the season 2017/18
- The apple market situation in the EU and other European countries: production forecast for fresh apples and apples for processing, supply of export-quality apples and key export directions (based on the results of Prognosfruit 2017)
- The apple market in the CIS countries: Russia, Kazakhstan, Belarus, Moldova
- Successful examples of fresh apple exports from Ukraine
- The Ukrainian organic apple market: domestic niche and export shipments
- The Ukrainian apple juice concentrate market and export situation
- Consumption of fresh apples and apple juices in Ukraine: latest trends and expectations
- A modern intensive apple orchard: from establishment to orchard maintenance and harvesting
- Successful protection of apple orchard from pests, diseases as well as hail and other extreme weather conditions
- High-quality apple handling as a guarantee of successful marketing: fruit quality retention, storage, sorting, packaging
- Efficient sales of apples in the domestic market: direct collaboration with supermarkets, branding
- Requirements to quality and handling of fresh apples set by foreign buyers
The business-tour will be focused on the following:
- different approaches to apple growing in intensive orchards;
- machinery applied for apple orchard maintenance;
- efficient anti-hail protection of apple orchards;
- modern apple storage;
- apple pre-sale handling and sorting line.
The conference is organized by Fruit-Inform. Syngenta is the General Sponsor of the event. Ukrainskiy Sad is the Business-Tour Partner of the conference.
Key audience: apple growers (more than 50%), apple processors, representatives of wholesale and retail trade, suppliers of inputs and equipment, apple trees, agrichemistry etc.
The organizers expect the event to attract more than 200 delegates from 8-10 countries of the world.
General media partner:
Special media partner:
Exclusive media partner
To learn more about the event, please contact Fruit-Inform:
+380 562 320795
cell: +380 96 5836323 (Ievgen Kuzin)