Ukrainian berry sector increases exports and is to gather in Zaporizhia on May 18-19
In 2016 Ukrainian exports of fresh cranberries and bilberries reached 2,900 tons (valued at $6.9 mln), 3.3 times as high as in 2015, according to the Ministry of Agrarian Policy and Food of Ukraine.
Poland (1,418 tons), the Netherlands (613 tons) and Belarus (541 tons) were the leading export destinations for those berries.
An increase in exports was also registered with regards to fresh raspberries, blackberries and mulberries (up more than twice to 720 tons) and fresh strawberries (up by 70% to 2,270 tons).
Moreover, Ukraine has for the first time since 2013 exported 79 tons of fresh currants.
We would remind you that more detailed information about the Ukrainian fresh and frozen berry market development will be presented at the 8th International Conference “Berries of Ukraine-2017: Frozen Produce & Fresh Market”, which will be held on May 18-19, Zaporizhia, Ukraine.
The conference offers a wide range of opportunities to meet with the largest market players of the Ukrainian berry and cherry market (fresh and frozen berry and cherry growers, processors, exporters) as well as present new technologies of berry and cherry growing, handling, processing and packaging to the leaders of the Ukrainian sector.
To learn more about the event, please contact Fruit-Inform:
+380 562 320795
cell: +380 96 5836323 – Mr. Ievgen Kuzin
e-mail: [email protected]
- 03/28/2019 14:25 Ukraine ranked third in world in terms of growth rates blueberry exports
- 03/27/2019 10:20 Poland reduces export of strawberry three years in row
- 03/12/2019 11:22 Ukrainian fruit and nut exports reach $24.8 mln in February
- 02/14/2019 09:26 Ukrainian frozen berry exports likely to exceed 50,000 tons in 2018/19
- 05/06/2019 12:45 Ukrainian soft fruit business invites foreign buyers to Kyiv
- 04/18/2019 14:42 Meet key players of Ukrainian fresh and frozen berry market in Kyiv, May 21-22