Ukraine among six largest raspberry growing countries in the world
According to Fruit-Inform estimates, Ukraine has been gradually increasing its raspberry production and now enters the group of top six raspberry growing countries in the world with its share of 5.2% in global production.
“Ukraine's natural and climatic conditions enable growers to produce raspberries in the majority of regions. Furthermore, growing global demand for these berries shows promising outlook for this business”, says Ms. Tetiana Getman, Head of Fruit-Inform. “At the same time, raspberry growing entails a variety of important technological and marketing peculiarities, which should be taken into account before entering the business”.
Ukraine is behind only Russia, Poland, Serbia, Chile and USA in the berry production volumes in the world. Both in Russia and Ukraine, households and small farms account for an important part of raspberry production, and the processing sector is underdeveloped. At the same time, as regards Poland, Serbia, Chile and USA, the segment of raspberry processing (primarily IQF freezing) is well-developed in these countries. The best part of raspberries is exported frozen, and this makes their export geography almost unlimited.
Raspberries are grown in relatively small farms in almost all countries of the world due to rather high labor expenditures for harvesting. However, technologies of mechanized harvesting of raspberries with the use of special harvesters have enjoyed wide popularity in recent times, as they enable to significantly expand areas under these berries.
We would remind you that the 4th International Conference “Berries of Ukraine – 2013: Frozen Produce & Fresh Market” is an excellent opportunity both to know more about the Ukrainian berry and cherry market development and meet with the most important representatives of the sector.
The conference will be held on May 16-17, 2013, Mykolaiv, Ukraine. More information about the event is available here: http://www.fruit-inform.com/en/conferences/berry2013/about
Would you have any questions regarding the conference, please contact International Relations Department of Fruit-Inform:
tel: +380 562 320795 (ext. - 341)
cell: +380 96 5836323 (Ievgen Kuzin)
e-mail: [email protected]
- 03/20/2019 16:28 Ukraine: apple imports fall considerably in 2018/19
- 03/19/2019 15:57 Ukraine sharply increases exports of berries and apples to France
- 03/15/2019 09:10 Shortage of high-quality apples in Russian market
- 03/13/2019 15:36 Ukrainian apple exports again reach record high
- 03/12/2019 14:46 Georgian apple export breakthrough, exports to Russia up 100 times!
- 03/12/2019 11:22 Ukrainian fruit and nut exports reach $24.8 mln in February
- 01/23/2019 15:31 Prices of Moldovan apples for export to Russia up since beginning of 2019
- 02/15/2019 12:49 Russia’s imports of Turkish vegetables up by 85% in 2018
- 02/14/2019 12:47 Revenues from Ukrainian walnut exports down, volumes up
- 02/14/2019 09:26 Ukrainian frozen berry exports likely to exceed 50,000 tons in 2018/19