Banana prices up in Ukraine
Banana prices continue to grow in Ukraine, reports Fruit-Inform.
Fruit-Inform's daily monitoring shows 10% growth in banana prices since the beginning of December. Therefore, traders sell bananas at UAH 27-30/kg (EUR 0.81-0.91/kg). For comparison, in the beginning of the month, banana prices did not exceed UAH 27/kg (EUR 0.81/kg).
Ukrainian market players link such a trend with a rise in purchase prices of bananas; however, they admit that the price growth has negatively affected their sales rates. Nevertheless, it is worth mentioning that current banana prices are 42-43% higher than in the same period of 2016.
- 06/21/2018 10:23 Ukrainian peach season starts with growers’ pessimistic expectations
- 06/25/2018 15:40 VITAGRO Group of Companies to welcome delegates of the leading Ukrainian apple business event
- 06/22/2018 10:03 Moldovan cherry exports expected to exceed 10,000 tons in 2018
- 06/22/2018 09:51 Ukraine: prices of greenhouse tomatoes down by a third since beginning of this week
- 06/21/2018 10:46 Uzbekistan down in global ranking of fresh apricot exporters
- 06/21/2018 10:17 Moldova enters group of top ten global exporters of apples in 2017
- 06/21/2018 09:31 Ukraine: prices of first volumes of apricots a third lower year-over-year