Golden Delicious stocks down in EU
According to the data published by WAPA, as of November 1, 2017, the EU Golden Delicious stocks amounted to 1,028,000 tons, 29% less than in the same period of the previous year. Consequently, at the beginning of November 2016 European growers held in stocks 1,457,000 tons of Golden Delicious apples, record high for this period over the last decade.
A decrease in volumes of this produce is considered to be the result of a significant production fall. According to WAPA preliminary estimates, total production of Golden Delicious in the EU amounted to 1,982,000 tons in 2017, 18% lower year-over-year. Nevertheless, as of November 01, 2017, this variety was the top one in the EU stocks with the share of about 25% of total storage volumes of apples reported by European farmers.
- 06/25/2018 15:40 VITAGRO Group of Companies to welcome delegates of the leading Ukrainian apple business event
- 06/22/2018 10:03 Moldovan cherry exports expected to exceed 10,000 tons in 2018
- 06/21/2018 10:46 Uzbekistan down in global ranking of fresh apricot exporters
- 06/21/2018 10:23 Ukrainian peach season starts with growers’ pessimistic expectations
- 06/21/2018 10:17 Moldova enters group of top ten global exporters of apples in 2017
- 06/21/2018 09:31 Ukraine: prices of first volumes of apricots a third lower year-over-year
- 06/19/2018 11:13 Moldova: apple exports to go down, sales for processing expected to grow