Poland: fruit production down by a third
GUS reports of total fruit production amounting to 2.7 mln tons with apples and pears accounting for 2.5 mln and 60,000 tons respectively, showing a joint decrease of 30%.
Stonefruit production went down by 50% against the previous year, especially in the segments of sour cherries and plums. As a result, Polish sour and sweet cherry production amounted to 70,000 and 20,000 tons, respectively, a fall of 60% against last year. Polish plum production totaled 60,000 tons, showing 45% decrease.
Such a rapid decrease in production was caused mainly by huge temperature swings in spring as well as spring frosts during blossoming of fruit trees.
- 06/11/2018 13:44 Tajikistan may become a fruit and vegetable Spain
- 02/26/2018 10:11 Georgia to assist Uzbekistan in boosting winemaking potential
- 02/19/2018 16:33 Ukraine likely to become a leading global apple market player
- 02/14/2018 11:24 Azerbaijan to produce up to 100,000 tons of citrus fruits a year in 2025
- 02/13/2018 09:37 Ukraine: fruit and berry production reaches 2 mln tons
- 02/07/2018 13:31 Bulgaria’s evolving wine market presents new opportunities
- 02/01/2018 09:23 Ukraine: official production estimates published
- 01/31/2018 09:55 Russian apple production is a long way from self sufficiency
- 06/25/2018 15:40 VITAGRO Group of Companies to welcome delegates of the leading Ukrainian apple business event