Poland: GUS confirms berry production forward estimates
According to GUS’ final data, in 2017 total berry production in Poland amounted to 500,000 tons, as it had been expected previously. Therefore, Polish production of berries went down by 15% against last year.
A fall in production is mainly linked with unfavorable weather conditions in spring. Moreover, experts note that it was raspberry and currant production that decreased by 20%, as compared to last year estimates. Thus in 2017 Polish growers harvested more than 100,000 tons of raspberries and 130,000 tons of currants.
At the same time, Polish strawberry production went down by 10% amounting to 178,000 tons.
- 02/26/2018 10:11 Georgia to assist Uzbekistan in boosting winemaking potential
- 02/13/2018 09:37 Ukraine: fruit and berry production reaches 2 mln tons
- 02/01/2018 13:34 Poland boosts frozen raspberry imports from Ukraine
- 02/01/2018 09:23 Ukraine: official production estimates published
- 04/12/2018 10:50 Polish frozen blackcurrant exports valued at 17 mln euro in 2017
- 02/23/2018 09:42 Ukraine: revenues from fresh fruit exports increased by 37% in 2017
- 02/19/2018 16:33 Ukraine likely to become a leading global apple market player
- 02/14/2018 11:24 Azerbaijan to produce up to 100,000 tons of citrus fruits a year in 2025
- 02/07/2018 13:31 Bulgaria’s evolving wine market presents new opportunities
- 02/05/2018 17:13 Ukraine: vegetable production down