Strawberry prices up in Poland thanks to active demand
Now prices range between 0.93-1.17 euro/kg for strawberries for freezing and often reach 1.75 in the fresh market. For comparison, they did not exceed 1.05 euro/kg at the end of the past week.
Polish market players link positive trend in prices with high demand for strawberries shown by both fresh market operators and freezing factories, which have been actively replenishing their stocks.
As a result, strawberry prices have almost reached last year’s levels in Poland. Moreover, market operators expect them to continue to go up due to a seasonal decrease in the supply.
- 06/13/2018 11:07 Ukrainian blueberry growers start their harvesting campaign
- 06/13/2018 08:54 Polish processors start their raspberry procurement season
- 06/22/2018 09:51 Ukraine: prices of greenhouse tomatoes down by a third since beginning of this week
- 06/21/2018 10:23 Ukrainian peach season starts with growers’ pessimistic expectations
- 06/19/2018 10:40 Polish processors reduce purchase prices for strawberries
- 06/13/2018 14:07 Mulberries to have the highest development potential in Central Asian berry sector
- 06/11/2018 13:44 Tajikistan may become a fruit and vegetable Spain
- 06/11/2018 09:02 Ukraine: cucumber prices down by 40% last week
- 05/07/2018 12:30 Ukraine’s leading berry conference – registration to be active for two weeks