Ukrainian blueberry growers start their harvesting campaign
Ukrainian berry growers have started offering their first volumes of blueberries, according to Fruit-Inform.
As of today, only a few farms have reported of the start of harvesting, and the price range is rather wide: UAH 130-200/kg (EUR 4.43-6.51/kg), depending on berry size.
According to growers, insufficient rainfall is now the main problem in the current season. They are able to compensate it by drip irrigation only partially; therefore, blueberries will most likely be of smaller size. Meanwhile, they expect production volumes to go up in this season thanks to larger areas under new plantations, which have come into bearing.
- 06/13/2018 08:54 Polish processors start their raspberry procurement season
- 06/12/2018 10:41 Strawberry prices up in Poland thanks to active demand
- 06/22/2018 09:51 Ukraine: prices of greenhouse tomatoes down by a third since beginning of this week
- 06/21/2018 10:23 Ukrainian peach season starts with growers’ pessimistic expectations
- 06/19/2018 10:40 Polish processors reduce purchase prices for strawberries
- 06/13/2018 14:07 Mulberries to have the highest development potential in Central Asian berry sector
- 06/11/2018 13:44 Tajikistan may become a fruit and vegetable Spain
- 06/11/2018 09:02 Ukraine: cucumber prices down by 40% last week