Prices of Moldovan apples for export to Russia up since beginning of 2019
Large Moldovan exporters say of an increase in prices of apples for export to Russia in the first half of January. According to them, prices went up averagely to $0,35/kg. In December, they did not exceed $0.31/kg, according to EastFruit.
First of all, exporters link the price growth with seasonal trends in the market: a smooth increase of consumer demand for apples after the winter holidays and a cold spell. As traders say, this winter a cold wave passes gradually and smoothes price fluctuations, which are probable under conditions of a sharp fall in temperature. However, next week frosts are predicted to strengthen in the European part of Russia, resulting in problems with fresh fruit transportation to Russian cities.
Now Russian buyers import the bulk of apples from Moldova on the basis of contracts which were concluded last year. Contrary to expectations, Russia did not raise imports of fruit products from Moldova after customs duties had been lifted. However, this factor will most likely result in a rise in imports in February. Exports of Moldovan fruits to Russia will most likely rise by February 20, the date when Russian government is to take a decision on prolongation of duty-fee import of certain agricultural products from Moldova.
- 03/28/2019 15:05 Serbian exporters of apple refuse Russia in favor of EU and Middle East
- 03/20/2019 16:28 Ukraine: apple imports fall considerably in 2018/19
- 03/19/2019 15:57 Ukraine sharply increases exports of berries and apples to France
- 03/15/2019 09:10 Shortage of high-quality apples in Russian market
- 03/13/2019 15:36 Ukrainian apple exports again reach record high
- 03/12/2019 14:46 Georgian apple export breakthrough, exports to Russia up 100 times!
- 03/12/2019 11:22 Ukrainian fruit and nut exports reach $24.8 mln in February
- 03/28/2019 14:25 Ukraine ranked third in world in terms of growth rates blueberry exports
- 03/27/2019 10:20 Poland reduces export of strawberry three years in row
- 02/15/2019 12:49 Russia’s imports of Turkish vegetables up by 85% in 2018